Supergirl: Cosmic Adventures in the 8th Grade 2 review

My gosh, having not been seen since the mid-Seventies, Lex Luthor's kid sister is back in this week's Supergirl: Cosmic Adventures in the 8th Grade issue 2.

This Johnny DC version doesn't seem to have Lena's traditional psychic powers - I don't think she knows Linda Lee is Supergirl, though she has a subplot she's playing close to her chest - but she made me feel all warm and nostalgic.

From this: to this:
This really is a great comic. Issue 1 was decent (see http://dangermart.blogspot.com/2008/12/supergirl-cosmic-adventures-in-eighth.html) but this is just the Bee Boy's knees. Landry Q Walker's script is packed full of charm, wry smiles and insight into what it's like to feel the outsider at school, while Eric Jones really gets into his stride as artist, providing some great expressions and animation for his characters. Moments such as this just make me grin, and remind me of the great days of early Impulse (click to enlarge): Johnny DC books are often spin-offs from DC TV shows - here we have an original comic I could easily see going the other route.

Comments