Flagging up the Justice League of America

As you may have heard, DC is publicising the upcoming Justice League of America #1 by releasing 52 variant covers - one for each of the existing states of the Union, plus Puerto Rico and Washington DC. The difference is minimal, with the only change being the flag hoisted by heroes in homage to Joe Rosenthal's Raising the Flag on Iwo Jim.

As gimmicks go, it's not a bad one - I can see media in every locality giving the book a shout-out, which should help towards a strong launch.

But that's not important right now ... how great is the Too Dangerous For a Girl variant above, as created by my talented chum Anj, creator of the unmissable Supergirl's Comic Box Commentary blog? Thanks Anj,

I wonder if other bloggers might come up with similar 'variants' - can we get the 52 Blogs of America? (OK, so I'm a UK citizen, but you know what I mean!)

Comments

  1. Haha! How's that for timing? I've prepped my very own article on this today to be published tomorrow over at my blog with a bunch of my own variants! Let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be there. And anyone who doesn't know where to find you can pop across to Crisis on Earth Prime:

      http://crisisonearthprime.blogspot.co.uk/

      Cheers, Gary!

      Delete
  2. If this new series falls under the 52 series, I'm out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, so you will be getting Justice League of America? I am getting it with it being the only Fourth Wave title I'm picking up. You trying any of the other Fourth Wave titles, like Vibe, Katana, Thresold, and or Constantine?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, it's New 52 Tom, there's no escape :(

    I'll be trying the book, InfoGeek, though given its 'badasspirations', I don't hold out much hope.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment